Saturday, October 3, 2009

20 months old...and 3 more months until lil' sis

Well, it has been way too long since we've posted anything on our darling Renner. What a little boy he's grown into. Renner is now 20 months old and is 3 months away from being a big brother to his little sister, Rali Faith. We're hoping for the best and trying our best to prepare him for the huge change that is going to turn his world upside down.
Over the past few months Renner has learned so much. He now says about 40 words and can locate many body parts such as his head, eyes, nose, etc. Renner attends day care now and loves it. This past week he really started showing an interest in going. Thursday he ran to the back door when I asked if he was ready to go to school. He even walked into class all by himself, as we had to hold him in our arms and have him pried from our grasp for the first 3 weeks. He thinks he's a big boy now and can enter the school with no help (which is so nice!).
We took Renner to have his flu shot today. We're not quite sure what the issue is this year with illnesses going around. Of all my 9 years of teaching I've never seen a year as bad as this one with all of the seasonal allergies, stomach viruses and flu (not to mention the new H1N1 flu). We're hoping that we're helping prevent any serious illness from entering Renner's little body.
Tonight was real nice. Mike had a football game so Mimi and Jayden came over to give Renner a playdate. Renner had a blast! I'm sure Jayden did too as it was a struggle for Mimi to get Jayden to leave with her to go back to her house.
We are having the typical 20 month old issues. Temper tantrums, power struggles, sporadic eating, etc. At least Renner does drink his milk and eat his fruit and doesn't eat junk food. We're still working on getting him to eat protein. The best we can do as of right now is to have him eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and the ever-so-often fish stick or chicken nugget. He eats really good at school, even things he won't eat for us.
A few nights ago we had one of the funniest things happen. I was in the restroom and Renner walks in naked and decides to pee and poop all on the floor. The poop scared him so he stepped back into and ran. Yep! Poop footprints everywhere! GROSS! As I was cleaning it up he was watching me throw it in the toilet and then started crying. In the meantime he steps on me and I too have "poop foot". I wanted to gag but had to laugh instead. Needless to say, I cleaned up most of the mess (leaving a little for Mike that I couldn't get) and Renner as well. That was an interesting afternoon!
I will work harder to post more often. Sorry I have no pictures to go with this post. I need to download some to the computer. Until next time...

No comments: